Saturday, February 7, 2009

I am six now!

She says it as if she is all grown up, as if now she has access to all these privileges that were just out of reach a week ago. Now that she is six years old, she can do so much more than a few days before, when she was "only five". Amazing what power we have, how we can influence the way we think and feel about ourselves. The power of positive thinking...
I had decorated the kitchen with streamers and balloons and made a special "Birthday chair" the night before her birthday. It looked so festive and I was excited for her to see it. The next morning I woke her up with a huge birthday kiss and told her to go check the kitchen. She loved it!
We were on our way to school with the beautiful cupcakes in the trunk, the reward for our hard work the night before, when she asked me how I did it. Did what, baby? All those pretty decorations, mommy, did you do all that by yourself? Yep, I did all that after you went to sleep.
I am glad you like them, KK. And guess what? When you come home from school today, we will have some presents for you!
Presents? Wow...but where were the presents?
I hid them.
Where did you hide them, mommy? You can tell me, I promise I won't look!
How about...no!

Her sleepover party was a big success: the girls had lots of fun playing with each other and Guitar Hero later that night. It was 10:30pm by the time they finally went to bed...
I am exhausted, but so happy.
Good job, mama!