Monday, November 10, 2008

Ready, Set, Pack

It is official! We will be closing on our new house on November 24th, spend a few days cleaning and moving small stuff, and the big moving day will be on Saturday.
I still cannot believe it; it all went so incredibly fast. When we made the offer on the house, we prayed about it and gave it to God. It seems to me that He wants us to move, since it took about a week for the deal to be made.
The house is beautiful, with hardwood floors throughout the dining area and living room. Tons of windows in the kitchen and living room, a beautiful deck, an almost completely fenced-in backyard and a park across the street (with local traffic only, by the way). It's perfect! So far I have not been able to muster any energy to start packing, though, which might cause a slight problem in the very near future. Namely when it is time to move and only half the house is packed...Betsy suggested to just throw stuff in boxes and don't even worry about labeling. My mom suggested to just write on the box what room it goes into, which so far seems to be the best option.
I foresee a severe panic attack in the very near future...


Yesterday afternoon I decided to take a little break from cleaning, cooking, and straightening up the house. I grabbed my library book, my reading glasses, and Alexander, and sat down. The book is written by Rita Rudner and it is titled: "I still have it; I just can't remember where I put it". It consists of little two-page (mostly hilariously) funny stories and it's the perfect little pick-me-up, exactly what I needed. I gave Alexander a toy to play with and tuned out Noggin, the tv channel Kaitlyn was watching. Since Alexander is practicing to wave, the toy ended up in my face about 4 times, at which point I decided to hold his hand away from my face. Feeling restricted in his arm movements, Zander started kicking his little foot, continuously knocking my book out of my hand. Since I only have two hands and one was holding the book, while the other one held his arm, I gave up on reading.
I did go on the computer a little later to extend the book's lending period on the library's website. Three weeks is not enough time for me to finish reading a book - I figure I will have to accept the fact, that for the next 6 years or so it will take me at least a month to finish a book (provided it does not have more than 200 pages).
Hopefully I will still remember where I left off by then!