Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fa la la la

What a wonderful time of the year! The Christmas music has been playing for a couple of weeks now and the move is behind us. Jim and I are still both alive (we have not killed eachother during the move) and we are still married. Yay! We have survived what is going to be the last move in a long, long, long time.
The kids' rooms and the kitchen are pretty much all done. The rest of the house can wait until after the holidays. The Christmas tree is all decorated and so is the deck. Even though many of the boxes are still packed in the garage, it feels great to be home. I love waking up in the morning and watching the sky turn red as the sun gets ready to rise.

After reading "The littlest Christmas Tree", Kaitlyn decided she wanted her own little tree in her room. So, when we went to pick out our tree for the living room, we found a cute little tree for KK. I found mini lights which flashed, to my horror and Kaitlyn's delight, and yesterday I discovered a whole section of mini ornaments at Michael's. Her little tree is beautiful, complete with a star on top!

Last night I tried to take pictures for our Christmas card. Jim bathed the kids, so when I came home all I had to do was set up the place for them to sit and pose. I took a whole bunch of pictures with my regular camera, so I hope we can find at least one that will work for our card.

While we were decorating the tree, Jim found one of the santa hats from the ferrets and put it on Hootie's ear. Poor thing started to get so upset! I took it off him and he did not leave my side all evening. He just knew I would protect him from Evil Daddy!

Did I mention that I love our house? I love our house!
This Christmas will be the best ever...especially since all our babies will be here. The biggest one, Aaron, will arrive on December 21st. The littlest one, Zander, will spend his first Christmas home, with us. Just thinking about that makes me tear up.
It is a simple reminder that we should not take anything for granted, but appreciate all we have and enjoy every second of being together.
That's what I will be doing this Christmas!