Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Last night was the 1-year anniversary of Alexander being home! Kaitlyn had to go to bed, but I promised her I would wake her up before midnight so she could celebrate with us. She was all excited about the prospect and asked if I could prepare some snacks for us as well. Sure, I told her, I will have some yummy snacks ready when I wake you up.
She tried to get me to let her sleep on the couch, but I told her no, to sleep in her own bed. I said I might even take a nap myself since I was sleepy too - she had visited me the night before at 3am. She asked me all worrried: But then how are you going to get the snacks ready if you take a nap???

The holidays are over.
They were much anticipated, even if it was all a little (okay, a LOT) hectic, considering we moved into a new house over Thanksgiving break. At the same time I would not have missed any of it for the world! I feel satisfied and fulfilled.
I still have a few days to enjoy before the regular work/school weeks will start up again and I plan on enjoying those few days to the fullest!

God is good. He has been very good to us and I feel incredibly blessed and grateful. I have made some decisions careerwise, that are filling me with excitement and anticipation. I can't wait to get started working toward fulfilling my dreams!

Next big event: KK's Birthday!