Monday, July 2, 2012

Ruth, you will be missed!

Has it been nearly three years already??? We had gotten a call that there was a spot for Zander at Susan Gray School, only a few short months after Zander was cleared by Dr. Goudy to attend Day Care. It worked out perfectly! In August of 2009 we showed up with Zander and all his tube-feeding paraphernalia in tow. His classroom was Busy Bees, with Ms. Katie and Ms. Val as his caring and competent teachers. I remember having to deal with a lot of anxiety when I first dropped KK off at daycare, but this was most definitely 10 times as hard! Not only did I have to leave my baby in someone else's care, he also had all these health issues that we had had to deal with from halfway through my pregnancy until that very day. As far as his health issues were concerned, the end was nowhere in sight. Oh, and he also had a little extra in his chromosomal make-up.
From day one (okay, maybe two or three...) until today I have trusted each person completely, knowing that they would have to answer to you. You are a wonderful director with a huge heart for your students and caregivers, and your staff as well. It has been such a blessing knowing you. I credit my confidence and knowledge for Zander's first IEP to you for opening up Susan Gray School on many a Saturday so Wendy Tucker could teach the workshop. It will be with bittersweet sorrow that we say "Goodbye' to SGS at the end of this month, as we continue on our journey through life. I know it will much the same for you, and I would like to say 'thank you' for giving Susan Gray School your all for so many years.
We love you and we will miss you!

Sylvia (and Zander too!)