Friday, January 8, 2010

Predictions of snow

Okay, at first I thought people were pushing it with this whole 'snowstorm' deal, closing schools and all. They actually called at 9:59pm on Wednesday evening with the message that school was closed on Thursday. Still, better than 5am, which happened to Renee in Clarksville.
With all the hype about there being 2 to 4 inches of snow, it was a HUGE disappointment to all of us, but especially to Kaitlyn. She woke up on Thursday and raced to the window, only to be hugely disappointed by the lack of that white stuff. What is so fun about a snow day if there is no snow, she wanted to know.
While having breakfast she told me that she predicted that there would be no snow today.
I predict there WILL be snow, I said, not wanting to give in to the gloominess of her prediction.
About half an hour later she came running and exclaimed: momma, I am changing my prediction! It had started to snow...
Thank you, God!